As executive director, Charles is responsible for NCME’s strategic direction and day-to-day management. He leads efforts to build partnerships and create new resources, working closely with CPB and organizations associated with public broadcasting.
Contact Charles concerning:
- National initiatives and/or possible partnerships
- Ways to work with NCME
- Information or ideas about special projects
Recent Presentations & Articles:
- New mindset requires new habits: listen, earn trust, partner-up
Published in Current, May 16, 2011
- Public Broadcasting Management Association Conference (PBMA)
Presented June 2011
- Listen closely: What matters to your community and to donors?
Published in Current, July 25, 2011
Cristina supports NCME’s strategic programming and assists the Executive Director in NCME operations, including training, grant making, and development of key initiatives. Cristina oversees NCME’s professional development resources on all platforms, provides leadership in collaborating with system organizations, and supervises NCME staff.
Contact Cristina concerning:
- NCME's professional development efforts, including participation
in system conferences and meetings
- Grant making, proposal evaluation and impact analysis
- Collaborative opportunities with NCME and the public media system
Director of Radio Engagement
Ann engages the public radio community and consults closely with stations, content producers, and public radio organizations as they develop new and innovative approaches to effectively engaging communities.
Contact Ann concerning:
- Station and producer relations
- Ideas and consultation for engaging community
- Stories of public radio impact
- Smart practices frameworks and engagement trends
Amir has a hand in much of the communication you receive from NCME, including e-newsletters, reports, news releases and Web content. He works closely with NCME staff and our partners and collaborators to ensure timely, consistent, and effective communication of public media’s value and impact.
Contact Amir concerning:
- NCME strategic communications
- NCME messages and communication tools
- NCME stories and storytelling
Jason D. Butler
Jason provides comprehensive administrative support for National Center for Media Engagement.
Contact Jason concerning:
- Assistance with NCME conference calls
- Material requests
- Scheduling information
- Updates to your contact and/or station information
- Creating an account on mediaengage.org
- Billing and reimbursement inquires
Emerging Media Manager
Barrett oversees NCME's database and its intersection with our website. He is also responsible for refining and expanding our aggregation of stories of impact and engagement data from stations. Additionally, Barrett manages NCME's publicmediamaps.org site.
Contact Barrett concerning:
- Inquiries about NCME's database
- Streaming content and hosting resources
- Accessing NCME web content
Jess manages a variety of projects and services across all areas of NCME, including NCME Grant Programs, survey development and impact evaluation. She also researches engagement news and funding trends to further public media's capacity to successfully engage communities.
Contact Jess concerning:
- Assistance with assessment and survey development
- NCME Grant Programs
- Website or webinar registration assistance
Web Design and Development Manager
Will develops and maintains the public-facing presence of multiple websites the National Center for Media Engagement oversees. He creates friendly, user-centered web experiences and upholds our commitment to web standards, best practices, and accessibility.
Contact Will concerning:
- Design, graphics, and web content
- Web accessibility and standards compliance
- Browser and device compatibility